“What we call little things are merely the causes of great things; they are the beginning, the embryo, and it is the point of departure which, generally speaking, decides the whole future of an existence.” (Henri Frederic Amiel)
Monday, December 17, 2012
Near Stewart Beach
I love the scenic views in Galveston. On the day I saw this scene, the water really was almost that blue. Sometimes, when there is the right convergence of tides and light, the water has a jewel blue quality. Most of the time it is more of a dark greenish blue or (too often) brown. But even when the water isn't pretty, the evening brings a golden/rosy tint to everything, and the clouds in the light of sunset are often spectacular. I guess it's like that everywhere, but I seem to see it better here, perhaps because we're so close to sea level and there are not a lot of hills or tall buildings to block portions of the sky. This painting is one of my husband's favorites. (No. 34, 8x8", on Raymar panel, Sept. 27, 2012)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment