“What we call little things are merely the causes of great things; they are the beginning, the embryo, and it is the point of departure which, generally speaking, decides the whole future of an existence.” (Henri Frederic Amiel)
Thursday, December 13, 2012
A Ceramic Pot
This was my first painting of a piece of pottery, and I actually liked how it turned out. It's not mind-blowing, but it's okay. I haven't been inspired to do a lot of pottery paintings or still lifes; I think I did this because I thought it was something I could do quickly when I was tired (this was done on a Monday evening, after a full day's work and an hour-plus drive in traffic). Usually when I think I'm going to be able to do something quickly, I'm completely wrong; the only exception is the October 3 painting, which took half an hour and is coming up soon. (No. 31, 6x6", on Gessobord, Sept. 24, 2012)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment