“What we call little things are merely the causes of great things; they are the beginning, the embryo, and it is the point of departure which, generally speaking, decides the whole future of an existence.” (Henri Frederic Amiel)
Sunday, December 16, 2012
100 Paintings!
Today is the big day! I finished painting #100. Above is a photo of the last thirteen paintings, finishing with the pelican at the lower right. Toward the end, I was usually missing every other day, so in all it took 116 days to do one hundred paintings. Although my initial goal was to do daily paintings indefinitely (as some people have done for years or even decades), the time demands were too great while working full time; too much was being sacrificed to spend these hours in the studio every day. So I decided to aim for the round number of 100 daily paintings, and then switch to a different approach. From now on, I will try to paint every day if possible, but not necessarily to complete a painting every day. This will free me up to do other important things, and will also permit me to work on larger paintings that couldn't be completed in one day. It is very exciting to reach this milestone, to reflect on the progress made, and to contemplate taking on the new challenge of larger paintings. I am grateful to my husband for his consistent and loving encouragement of this project, including his insistence on trudging out to the studio each evening, rain or shine, to see the day's painting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a wonderful milestone in your path as an artist. Since I have seen all 100, a husband's prerogative, I can sincerely say that I am so proud of your talent, creativity, steadfastness, and grace - all of which appear in your paintings.
ReplyDeleteCongrats,
Jamie