“What we call little things are merely the causes of great things; they are the beginning, the embryo, and it is the point of departure which, generally speaking, decides the whole future of an existence.” (Henri Frederic Amiel)
Thursday, December 20, 2012
Bolivar Light
This is the Bolivar lighthouse on an uncharacteristically storm-cloudy day. We had gone over to Bolivar to go to a restaurant there. The wait for the ferry to get there was interminable. When we finally got over and drove fifteen miles to the restaurant, it was closed! But all was not lost, because I took some photos along the way from the window of the car, including this scene. (No. 36, 6x8", on Raymar panel, Sept. 29, 2012)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I like it. But tell about Bolivar lighthouse. where is it?
ReplyDeleteThank you for looking and for liking it! The lighthouse is on Bolivar Peninsula. Bolivar is a 27-mile-long strip of land that is attached to the mainland at one end, and you reach the other end by taking a ferry from Galveston Island. Houses there are generally on stilts because of the low elevation. It is not densely populated and there are a lot of beaches and migratory bird sanctuaries. I don't know much about the lighthouse except that it's no longer operational. But I just found some info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_Bolivar_Lighthouse
ReplyDelete