“What we call little things are merely the causes of great things; they are the beginning, the embryo, and it is the point of departure which, generally speaking, decides the whole future of an existence.” (Henri Frederic Amiel)
Thursday, November 29, 2012
Peaches
This beautiful cat belongs to my friend Judy (actually her daughter). She kindly sent me a photo of Peaches to paint, and this is the result. I am fairly happy with it. However, I do not think the blue underpainting worked here; it gives a bluish cast to the whites, and a dull cast to the yellows. I would like to do more paintings of cats, but so far I've only done two more, and neither is a close-up like this one. (No. 24, 6x6", on Gessobord, Sept. 16, 2012).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a lovely kitty. i like the expression and I also like the bluish cast to the whites....warm cool contrasts are always more lively
ReplyDelete