“What we call little things are merely the causes of great things; they are the beginning, the embryo, and it is the point of departure which, generally speaking, decides the whole future of an existence.” (Henri Frederic Amiel)
Sunday, November 18, 2012
Late Summer Field
I don't care much for this one. I'm okay with the composition and the drawing. It's the color that bothers me -- the yellow field looks baked, parched, seared. It's uncomfortable to my eye and mind. Someday I might go back and paint it over with softer, cooler colors, and do something more interesting with the sky. (No. 19, 6x6", on Gessobord, Sept. 11, 2012).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I know you said you don't like this one, but there's something very satisfying about it to me. I like the contrast of the colors of the sky and the field. There is a simplicity and a starkness that is attractive.
ReplyDelete