“What we call little things are merely the causes of great things; they are the beginning, the embryo, and it is the point of departure which, generally speaking, decides the whole future of an existence.” (Henri Frederic Amiel)
Saturday, March 30, 2013
Big Bend Stream
After the previous effort, the awful lake painting, I was a bit demoralized but at the same determined to do a good painting to restore my confidence. I decided to do this painting because I did a larger version of it some years ago which I'm still happy with. I'd been wanting to paint the same scene again because I gave the other one away (fortunately I gave it to my business partner, who hung it on the wall outside his office where I can see it). Anyway, I was very happy with how this turned out, and felt vindicated. It's still one of my favorite daily paintings. (No. 66, 6x6", on Gessobord, Oct. 31, 2012)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment