Saturday, February 2, 2013

Tall Ship Mosaic, Update #3

It's coming along!  After a brief hiatus, I'm back at work on the mosaic.  This morning, I finished up the water under the bow.  This photo is interesting because I took it during the daytime, rather than at night.  As a result, it is getting some natural daylight from the windows, which really brings out the iridescence in the tiles.  See how the tiles on the right side -- nearest the windows -- are glowing with violets, oranges and other rich colors?  Believe it or not, I used the exact same tiles in the upper left corner!  All of the tiles in the sky are a combination of the same dark blue and two light blues (except for the bits of grey tile that are visible in the upper left and upper right corners and under the bow).  In the natural light, the dark blue iridesces madly.  This update also introduces a new color -- green -- in the waves under the bow.  The water will be a combination of green, grey, and all the blues.  Click on the image for a larger view.

No comments:

Post a Comment