“What we call little things are merely the causes of great things; they are the beginning, the embryo, and it is the point of departure which, generally speaking, decides the whole future of an existence.” (Henri Frederic Amiel)
Friday, February 15, 2013
Tall Ship Mosaic, Update #5
It's almost finished, so this will be the last update before posting the final product! The ocean is a little trickier to do than the ship and sky, because I'm making it up as I go along. What I mean is that the ship is basically a set of fixed shapes to be filled in with predetermined colors, so I'm just filling in, but the water has no defined shape or color, so I have to experiment to try to create the illusion of movement and differentiated wave shapes. I still don't know what color the middle area (between the hull and the blue wave) will be. You can click on the image if you want to see a larger version.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love this mosaic and the way the ship dances with the water. Hard to believe this is your first attempt at mosaic! Great work.
ReplyDelete