“What we call little things are merely the causes of great things; they are the beginning, the embryo, and it is the point of departure which, generally speaking, decides the whole future of an existence.” (Henri Frederic Amiel)
Saturday, February 23, 2013
Alley View
We were driving through an alley a while back, and I had to take some photos to paint from. It's hard to capture the real life charm of an alley, but I wanted to give it a try. There's something about the modest, hidden nature of alleys that appeals to me. Out front there may be grand columns and ornate gingerbread, but in back there is a cozy, homely community of fences, poles, and trashcans. In retrospect, I might want to vary the greens or the neutral tones a little more. (No. 57, 8x8", on Raymar panel, Oct. 21, 2012)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I agree with you that the work would benefit by varying the greens.
ReplyDeleteI really love your use of blue in this piece.
Will you offer for sale any of your works?
Best,
Signed,
An admirer
an admirerer