Saturday, February 23, 2013

Tall Ship Mosaic -- Final Update!

Hooray!  All the pieces are in place.  It's very exciting to have finally reached this point, and I love how it turned out.  Once again it's a kind of weird photo because the natural daylight coming from the right causes the tiles on the right to iridesce, while the ones on the left aren't getting daylight and are non-reflective.  Despite appearances, all the tiles in the hull are the same color.  Anyway, it's a milestone, but it's too soon to say that it's "finished," because now I have the laborious task of poring over the tiles and removing, modifying and replacing the tiles that are too close to (or that abut) the tiles around them.  I did about 10 or 15 of these this morning.  This won't be going on the wall anytime soon because we have to plan what to do with the bathroom it's going to be in.  In the nearer term, I'm looking forward to clearing up this workspace and vacuuming up every last one of the tile pieces and splinters that currently are lurking on the floor --- and, hopefully, getting back to painting!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment