“What we call little things are merely the causes of great things; they are the beginning, the embryo, and it is the point of departure which, generally speaking, decides the whole future of an existence.” (Henri Frederic Amiel)
Saturday, February 9, 2013
New Orleans Alley
I wish I could skip this one. The underlying drawing wasn't bad, but when I added paint, it didn't work. So I kept adding more paint, and it kept not working. There's a lesson to be learned here --- piling on more paint and changing colors rarely will resuscitate a failed painting. Actually I knew that already, but when you see that a painting is failing, and you really want something to show for your time and effort, it's hard to leave it alone. Oh well. The painting is based on a view down an alley in New Orleans. (No. 54, 6x6", on Gessobord, Oct. 18, 2012)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment