“What we call little things are merely the causes of great things; they are the beginning, the embryo, and it is the point of departure which, generally speaking, decides the whole future of an existence.” (Henri Frederic Amiel)
Friday, January 18, 2013
West Texas Roadside
I'm not really sure if this is West Texas, but I know it's a roadside. When my husband and I drove from Los Angeles to Galveston several years ago, I took pictures through the window the whole way. As a result, I have loads of wonderfully paint-able photos of Eastern California, New Mexico, Arizona, and Texas (most of them showing some road or shoulder). The only problem is that I can't always tell from looking at them where they were taken. This one just looks like West Texas. Anyway! Around this time (#48) I was doing a lot of these small landscapes, and felt increasingly comfortable with them. I really like a lot of them. (No. 48, 6x6", on Gessobord, Oct. 12, 2012)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment