“What we call little things are merely the causes of great things; they are the beginning, the embryo, and it is the point of departure which, generally speaking, decides the whole future of an existence.” (Henri Frederic Amiel)
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Flowers in Peacock Vase
This painting proves that I am not a great painter of flowers. I'd love to be, but this is another thing (like painting portraits) that I would love to be good at without wanting to put in the practice, because I am just not drawn to painting flowers. The only thing I really like about this painting is the vase. The image is from a photo I took in a little cafe in the old town area of Nacogdoches, Texas, while on a road trip with my mom a few years ago. The photo has just been hanging around for years, waiting to be painted. In other news: the tall ship mosaic is progressing -- more than half the sails are done -- and an update will be posted soon! (No. 45, 6x8", on Raymar panel, Oct. 9, 2012)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment