“What we call little things are merely the causes of great things; they are the beginning, the embryo, and it is the point of departure which, generally speaking, decides the whole future of an existence.” (Henri Frederic Amiel)
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Murdoch's Pier
This was very ambitious for me, with the tangle of pier supports and the pink evening light reflected in the water. I was happy with how it turned out, and I'd love to try this in a larger size. A note: I haven't done a new daily painting since December 16 -- nearly a month! I miss the intensity and rewards of daily painting, as well as the indications of progress. I hope that when I go back to it, I won't have lost much of the gain. There are still plenty more to post --- since this one is #47, that means there are 53 more little paintings to post here, not to mention the intermittent mosaic update. Perhaps by the time I post the 100th one, I'll be back at the easel and can keep the flow (and blog) going. (No. 47, 6x6", on Gessobord, Oct. 11, 2012)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Very nice! Your daily paintings are an inspiration, Ruth. Thank you!
ReplyDelete