It occurred to me that I haven't done any "compare and contrast" posts. This is part of the fun of doing a daily painting project: you can juxtapose paintings with similar subject matters that were done at different times, and see how you have improved. There will be more of these coming up. But for now, here's the first. This is my husband in both pictures. The first one, on the left (painting #14), is tentative and tries to be too detailed, particularly around the face. Some of the shapes are a little flat. The second one, on the right (painting #44), allows blocks of color to define shape, and I think it has a fuller, more three-dimensional feel. I suppose some might disagree with me (the first one has some nice colors and light-dark contrast), but I think the second one's a lot better.


No comments:
Post a Comment