Saturday, January 12, 2013

Tall Ship Mosaic, Update #1


On December 30, I posted about a new project: a glass tile mosaic depicting a stylized square-rigger at sea. Well, here is the current state of the project.  Most of the square sails are done -- I just need to finish that main topgallant and royal (top two sails on the middle mast).  Then I need to do the jibs (at the front of the ship).  After all the sails are done, the plan is to glue down the yards and masts.  Right now, the yards -- the black areas -- are loose; the tiles are just there as a guide to make sure I leave room for them.  After that, I plan to work on all the background areas: water and sky.  And last, the ship's hull.  It's been an exciting, fun and low-pressure undertaking so far, particularly in contrast to the pressure and long hours of the 100-daily-paintings project.

No comments:

Post a Comment