Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Studio at Sue's

Like so many of the daily paintings, this is a scene that is evocative and meaningful to me.  This is a view inside the art studio at Sue Bown's place where I attended the Rene Wiley workshop in 2011.  I love how it captures the appealing jumble of an active art studio, with the students' various bags, boxes, equipment, drinking cup, etc.  I love the paintings on the wall, which makes me think of the ones on the wall of my own studio, and the rich patina of the easels and the soft light through the window.  This may not be the top daily painting from a technical standpoint, but it is dear to my heart.  I also remember that this one was a difficult painting, because there seemed to be an awful lot of shapes and colors that I had to try to depict within the time constraint of a daily painting.  I remember being frustrated and wishing it could end sooner so I could turn in for the night.  But it was worth it.   (No. 86, 6x8", on Raymar panel, Nov. 25, 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment