“What we call little things are merely the causes of great things; they are the beginning, the embryo, and it is the point of departure which, generally speaking, decides the whole future of an existence.” (Henri Frederic Amiel)
Friday, November 15, 2013
Fisherman's Wharf San Francisco -- Final?
I haven't decided if this is final, but I think it's close. I might tweak the water a bit, adding some periwinkle-type blues and some blue-greens to round out the colors. And maybe some white highlights on the boats (the whites you see here are actually very pale blue). Other than that, I want to declare it done and move on. I just realized that one of the advantages of daily paintings is that you don't have the luxury of nitpicking & tweaking indefinitely -- at some point you're done for the day and the next day is a new project. I want to take that approach with larger paintings --- rather than trying to worry a particular painting into the absolute acme of perfection, I want to address what imperfections can be addressed without redoing the whole thing, and then move on and apply whatever I've learned to the next project. This one looks better bigger, so click the image for a larger view!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment