“What we call little things are merely the causes of great things; they are the beginning, the embryo, and it is the point of departure which, generally speaking, decides the whole future of an existence.” (Henri Frederic Amiel)
Saturday, July 20, 2013
ELISSA at Fisherman's Wharf -- In Progress
This is ELISSA in front of Galveston's Fisherman's Wharf (a restaurant) not San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf. I started this painting at the same time as the egret painting and I've been adding paint to it off and on when I have a moment. It has a loose character that I like. Some of this is just a first layer that will be over-painted, such as the water and piling. Today I thought it was far enough along that I could post it. I'd guess it's about halfway done. A note: I did indeed change the egret painting so it wasn't final after all. The water was too bright and too blue so I painted it over with a darker, duller blue. When that dries I have plans to paint over all the reeds at the bottom with a more abstracted approach like the other reeds in the painting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment