“What we call little things are merely the causes of great things; they are the beginning, the embryo, and it is the point of departure which, generally speaking, decides the whole future of an existence.” (Henri Frederic Amiel)
Thursday, June 5, 2014
High-Stepping
I feel like this is one of the best paintings that came out of the daily painting series, in every way: color, light, brushwork, confidence, pizzazz. I can almost see this little guy's hips swing as he saunters (which, of course, is impossible, but so what?!). This painting, and a couple of others, are the ones that show me most how much I gained from the daily painting practice, and -- truly -- how much I lost by stopping it. I just don't think I could do this image at this level now. I'm still painting, just not as regularly, and what I'm working on is in a little bit different direction. (No. 96, 6x6", on Gessobord, Dec. 10, 2012).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment