“What we call little things are merely the causes of great things; they are the beginning, the embryo, and it is the point of departure which, generally speaking, decides the whole future of an existence.” (Henri Frederic Amiel)
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Status of the Alley
I have not worked on the alley painting in over a week, partly because I've been absorbed in a watercolor project, and partly because I am frustrated with the alley painting. I'm doing what I intended to do, but it isn't turning out the way I want. It looks fine in the latest small version (lower right), but in real life, there is a dull and unfinished quality to it that I can't yet diagnose. Anyway, instead of posting the latest state of it, I thought I'd do a composite that shows the progression of states. You can click for a larger view. These are a bit misleading because the color cast differs depending on the lighting in the studio at the time of photo (artificial, natural, time of day). For example, the pavement is untouched from #3 to #6; and the sky is untouched from #2-#5 (it has a new coat of bluer paint in #6, believe it or not).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment