“What we call little things are merely the causes of great things; they are the beginning, the embryo, and it is the point of departure which, generally speaking, decides the whole future of an existence.” (Henri Frederic Amiel)
Thursday, October 24, 2013
And Now For Something Completely Different, Again....
This is a big departure for me -- a pointillist seascape (stages 1 through 3). I like this approach for this particular scene because it might capture the scintillating appearance of the water at sunset. The seagull is getting a bit lost in the dots right now, but he will be highlighted later on. The beauty of this approach is that if adding more dots doesn't get me where I want to end up, I can just add more dots. And though it may look meticulous, it's not; I'm just quickly and casually dotting little blobs of paint on there. The downside is that I have to let it dry a day or two between dot attacks; otherwise they mix and blur too much. So this is a test of patience. Click for a larger view!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

How do you know the seagull's a "he" rather than a "shegull"?
ReplyDelete