“What we call little things are merely the causes of great things; they are the beginning, the embryo, and it is the point of departure which, generally speaking, decides the whole future of an existence.” (Henri Frederic Amiel)
Thursday, June 27, 2013
Parade of Signs
This wasn't one of my favorites -- another one I have mixed feelings about. The colors are somehow not sufficiently harmonious, and the colors of the building on the right are thin and muddy. I love the image I was working from (a street view in Galveston), with the stacked signs and vertical architectural faces, and I was happy with how the signs themselves turned out, but overall I felt this painting didn't quite do the scene justice. Maybe it needs some more contrast. I'd like to give it another try -- eventually. (No. 74, 6x6", on Gessobord, Nov. 9, 2012)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment