Today my husband and I had a conversation we often have. J: "Why haven't you posted on your blog?" Me: "Because nobody's looking at it." J: "I'm somebody!" Anyway, I particularly love this one: the range of blues and greens and browns, the range of values from dark and intense to pale. When I see this, and many of the other paintings from the daily painting project, I regret not continuing. To have progressed so far and then laid aside my brush is disheartening because of the possibility of losing all that has been gained.
I don't think I'd regress all the way back to #1, but I certainly won't start back up at the level of #71. I just haven't made the decision to make the necessary daily time commitment - but it might still happen. (No. 71, 6x6", on Gessobord, Nov. 6, 2012)


Your talent is almost as awesome as your spirit. I really enjoy seeing you post your work for others to see and become inspired. You have inspired me to pursue watercolor.
ReplyDeleteOkay - I am your husband, but anyone can see both your talent and you introspection. Both are lovely and special.
I would enjoy seeing more of your work. Are you planning on updating soon? You are an inspiration to all of us working to improve our skill, eyes, and palettes.
ReplyDelete