“What we call little things are merely the causes of great things; they are the beginning, the embryo, and it is the point of departure which, generally speaking, decides the whole future of an existence.” (Henri Frederic Amiel)
Friday, October 26, 2012
"Even Flow"
First off, I have to say that my husband LOVES this painting! He provided the "Even Flow" title for this painting and this post. It’s one of his favorite paintings by me, not just among the daily paintings. If it were not for that, I would add this to the “paint over” category. It just did not turn out the way I wanted. I was trying to capture a beautiful calm sea, a soft sunset, and sand. It came out far more abstract than I had hoped, and also is uniformly dark in a way that does not evoke the bright glow of the sunset that I had in mind. The more it differed from my goal, the more I piled paint on it and overworked it. The more I overworked it, the darker and more elusive the sunset colors became. But part of the beauty of painting is that everybody likes different things. (Daily Painting No. 6, 6x8", on Raymar panel, Aug. 28, 2012)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment