“What we call little things are merely the causes of great things; they are the beginning, the embryo, and it is the point of departure which, generally speaking, decides the whole future of an existence.” (Henri Frederic Amiel)
Saturday, August 2, 2014
#100 -- Pelican Perch
I suppose I've been dragging my feet on posting the last dozen or so daily paintings because I didn't want to come to the end --- #100! But I am proud to post this one because I think it's the best of them all. What makes it so? The softness and variety of the colors, the brushstrokes that are confident and distinct, the lights and darks, the appearance of motion in the water, the modeling of the pelican's feet. If I could paint like this all the time, I'd be happy. But this is the product of painting for 2-3 hours a day for 100 out of 116 days. I hope one day to be able to resume a daily painting practice. In the meantime.....now that I've posted the 100th daily painting, I may start posting the 16x16" paintings I'm currently working on (ten finished since the beginning of the year, two more about half done, a few more planned), or perhaps watercolors. I've been doing watercolors at a pace of about one every two to three weeks for the past couple years. (No. 100, 6x6", on Gessobord, Dec. 16, 2012).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment