“What we call little things are merely the causes of great things; they are the beginning, the embryo, and it is the point of departure which, generally speaking, decides the whole future of an existence.” (Henri Frederic Amiel)
Sunday, February 2, 2014
State of the Studio
I have neglected the Blog for far too long, so I just thought I'd post a "State of the Studio" update showing three unfinished pieces. I have recently decided to see if I can paint about a dozen 16x16" versions of scenes I previously did as daily paintings. This photo shows the base "drawing" for the first three of these paintings. The drawings are painted in burnt umber paint, which is how I usually start out. (The clouds in the center and right-hand paintings are outlined in blue paint, but it's too faint to see in this picture.) In other studio news, my freezer has conked out. I have a little freezer in there to hold palettes with paint on them, because I can't bear to waste unused paint (the freezer keeps it from drying up). Now that the freezer is kaput, I'm making do for the time being with the food freezer in the house, which isn't optimal, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to purchase another freezer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment