“What we call little things are merely the causes of great things; they are the beginning, the embryo, and it is the point of departure which, generally speaking, decides the whole future of an existence.” (Henri Frederic Amiel)
Saturday, February 15, 2014
Cottage Porch
This was based on a photo I took of one of the cottages at the Rene Wiley workshop I attended in November 2011. I don't think it's terrible, but I don't think it's fantastic either. I guess to me it seems proficient, but it doesn't have a lot to say. I believe the goal was to convey an enticing coziness and charm, but it doesn't draw me in as I had hoped. I think maybe some deeper, brighter colors for the shade on the porch, and a more contrast-y roof, might have helped. So... we are getting closer to the end of the 100 daily paintings! I am much more excited about most of the remaining ones. (No. 91, 6x6", on Gessobord, Dec. 2, 2012)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment