“What we call little things are merely the causes of great things; they are the beginning, the embryo, and it is the point of departure which, generally speaking, decides the whole future of an existence.” (Henri Frederic Amiel)
Saturday, September 28, 2013
Second update -- Alley Painting
This is still shaping up --- doesn't yet have the "oomph" factor, but I think I know how to get there. Unfortunately I'm only getting in the studio on the weekends, so it's progressing slowly. The main thing I need to do now is to make all of the shaded building areas darker. To capture the effect of bright sunlight and shade, the building areas should be all dark tones. Right now, I have too many middle tones in the buildings. I also want to make the concrete ground yellower. I'm not sure about making the sky bluer, because it might darken it and I want that bright light effect. We'll see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment