“What we call little things are merely the causes of great things; they are the beginning, the embryo, and it is the point of departure which, generally speaking, decides the whole future of an existence.” (Henri Frederic Amiel)
Saturday, August 24, 2013
Galveston Art Fair 2012
Here's something a little different -- a bit looser and less detailed than my usual efforts. I think this works, to the extent that it does, because of the colors. It's almost a color study more than a drawing. Getting the right colors is a challenge for me, and I have a project in mind to work on that. I started another 100-painting project recently, but it stalled after 5 paintings when I realized that I wanted to do something different this time around. This time, I want to do a daily color study based on artworks that I admire for their beautiful color. I haven't started yet, because I need to assemble the pictures to paint from. Part of me resists this idea because the finished results won't be marketable and it seems like a misuse of time when I could be creating things for sale, but at the same time I see it as the best possible way to develop my color skills. (No. 78, 6x6", on Gessobord, Nov. 14, 2012)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment