“What we call little things are merely the causes of great things; they are the beginning, the embryo, and it is the point of departure which, generally speaking, decides the whole future of an existence.” (Henri Frederic Amiel)
Sunday, August 25, 2013
ELISSA at Fisherman's Wharf -- Final!
There was a long hiatus on this one (we went out of town for ten days and have been trying to catch up with everything since returning) so I'm very glad to have it done. All I did was paint in the water reflections, fine-tune the portholes, and go over some of the lines (ropes) to make them more visible. Other than that, just minor tweaking since the last post. What's interesting about this one: it has a quick and casual quality to it, to the point that there are numerous places where the base coat shows through. Normally I'm pretty obsessive about trying to find and paint over most of the base coat show-throughs. But I like the loose quality it lends here; I think it adds a certain vibrancy. I was almost content to keep it in the stage shown in the "first update" and call it done, but decided the water needed a little something. Click on the image for a slightly larger view.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment