“What we call little things are merely the causes of great things; they are the beginning, the embryo, and it is the point of departure which, generally speaking, decides the whole future of an existence.” (Henri Frederic Amiel)
Saturday, April 20, 2013
Desert Glory
This is another painting done from a photograph taken on our road trip across the western U.S. a couple of years ago. It's also one of about seven daily paintings in a row that I think were especially successful in this series. I mean successful not just in appearance, though I do like them visually, but also in the speed and confidence with which they were done. I think this happened for two reasons: (1) I was so chastened and displeased with #65 that I really had a strong drive to prove I could do better than that, and (2) I was starting to see the fruits of over two months of daily painting. (No. 68, 6x6", on Gessobord, Nov. 2, 2012)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment